TRICARE Is NOW Covering Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
Call or email our office today if you have TRICARE coverage and suffer from knee arthritis or golfer/tennis elbow pain.
TRICARE will cover treatment options if you’re diagnosed with:
Mild to moderate chronic osteoarthritis of the knee
Lateral epicondylitis, also known as “tennis elbow”
What is Platelet Rich Plasma, or PRP?
- When you’re injured, your body immediately begins a natural healing process to repair the damaged tissue.
- Platelets migrate to the site of the injury and start releasing inflammatory signals and growth factors to trigger the immune response that initiates rapid healing.
- PRP therapy introduces a high concentration of platelets that release growth factors to the damaged or injured area to stimulate healing.
- While it may seem counterintuitive to inflame an injured area, by stimulating inflammation, your body will send out a greater immune response to heal the area.
- This is a safe procedure that works using your own immune system to relieve the pain of arthritis, tendonitis, or damage from other conditions.
Regenerative Ortho Care Demands Precision & Experience.
Dr. Tait has performed more than 2500 PRP injections over his career, and uses an ultrasound machine for direct visualization, to precisely guide the PRP to the injured tissue.
How Does PRP Therapy Work?
- A small amount of blood is drawn from the arm via standard blood draw as you would for labs.
- We use an FDA-approved lab device to separate the platelet-rich plasma fraction.
- Once the PRP is separated, it is then injected into the damaged area, whether it’s a tendon, joint, or ligament, to stimulate the body’s natural healing response.
Patients Undergoing PRP Therapy with Dr. Tait See Results
We have performed more than 2500 PRP injections in our practice over the years
90% of our patients see an improvement in symptoms - often complete pain relief.
PRP therapy can sometimes eliminate the need for long-term medication or surgery and improve movement in the area. It does not work for everyone though.
It’s important to note that patients who receive PRP therapy are not “cured” necessarily.
We are focusing on elevating your body’s natural healing process.
Other complementary components of our comprehensive treatment may include physical therapy, bracing/splinting/taping of the injured area, nutritional supplements and other topical pain relievers.
Triple board certified nonsurgical orthopedic specialist, Dr. Tait, has specialized in PRP treatment in his practice for more than a decade.
PRP therapy is a highly effective way to provide long term relief to certain chronic orthopedic pain conditions.
Call our office at 520.777.9385 for more information about PRP therapy or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Tait.
Learn more about PRP and our non-surgical treatment approach to common Orthopedic conditions by visiting our website at http://www.origenortho.com/
Dr. John Tait
Chief Health Strategist
Call or Request to Speak with a Regenerative Expert About Your Specific Situation.
TRICARE provisional coverage program, PRP injections are approved for up to a five-year period.
This period is Oct. 1, 2019 to Sept. 30, 2024. Find more information at https://tricare.mil/Plans/SpecialPrograms/ProvisionalCoverage